Wednesday, June 11, 2008

72-Hour Media Survey!

What I did:
Rode city bus
Media I Experienced:
Saw ads for Safe Sex, Cystic Fibrosis, and for Mapleview Mall

What I did:
Waited for School Bus
Media I Experienced:
Saw an ad for a roofing company on the side of a truck, saw an ad for Nature's Best eggs on a truck, saw an ad for Sparkie's Tire on someone's car

What I did:
Watched 'After The Sunset' movie
Media I Experienced:
Saw an ad for other movies, such as The World Is Not Enough, saw product placements in movie

What I did:
Watched TV
Media I Experienced:
Saw a commercial for Mr. Clean, Windex, W.O.W., and for Honey Bunches of Oats

Before this assignment, I had never noticed how much media was staring me in the face, and I never bothered to actually look for it. Now that I have completed this assignment, I have become super-Media aware and now I notice everything media related in my life. I am even starting to notice things I never noticed before, like ads for people on benches, and ads on the billboards. I now know how much Medi9a affects my everyday choices and my whole life.

No comments: